Sunday, March 25, 2007

Inside the Missional Matrix

What an absolute blast! This was such an engaging, dynamic time. I have been in and (mostly) out over the past month. I have so missed home and being with VCC. This past weekend was so much fun. You can hear the podcasts here Here are my highlights:
  • Kelly Carpenter and the musicians leading with "I Need to Wake Up" by Melissa Etheridge. What a powerful song...it resonated with how many of us feel today. Kelly and his wife Merrilyn have a gift to hear sounds and messages from the culture that aligns with the Holy Spirit's call to us today. He and Merrilyn are some of the most generous people I know.
  • Todd Hunter - I love this guy. He is so refreshing, so smart and has so much to say that we need to hear. What a humble leader. He is like a young Ray Bakke, he is so inspiring and gifted to help us make sense of the times.
  • Scot Mcknight - I met Scot through his jesuscreed.org blog. I could listen to him teach for hours. He captured our imagination as he taught with passion, honesty and excitement. It was infectious. He is brilliant.
  • Kris Mcknight - Influential in her own right. She is like gold. What an honor to be with them. What a fun couple!
  • Amy Powell - a young church planter from Wisconsin that found me through this blog. When she arrived on Thursday we were instant friends. She is a dynamic leader with a heart for her generation. I can't wait to watch the story of her community unfold.
  • Rachelle Mee-Chapman - What can I say -- I love Rachelle
  • Jessica Ketola, Joanna Brantley - when these two sing you hear from the thinspace.
  • My husband - he is the best!
  • Jim Henderson - such a good friend, creative is an understatement - on Saturday, Jim put up some butcher paper and had people that wanted to lead a 30 minute workshop sign up and then had them give a 30 second commercial of what their topic would be...we all sat there wondering if it would work -- it did! So thankful for Off the Map's innovation and creativity.
  • Eliza - an atheist you can read about here She was so courageous to come and be with us. There were moments during her interview that were profound...you could hear a silence of pensive thought drop in the room
  • Jim Fox and all the folks from VCC who did the setting up-serving-cleaning-serving. I love this faith community. I know I am biased but we are rich in people that are earnestly trying to learn what it means to live out loving God and loving neighbor.
  • Thanks to everyone that came to Missional Matrix and participated by interacting with the topics, asking hard questions, being okay with some things that couldn't be answered and for sharing a part of your story.