Thursday, June 09, 2005

Noticing

On Sunday I asked folks if they would practice "noticing the Kingdom" this week...pray a prayer daily to notice where God is already...my friends Jim and Barb call it "bumping into God"...so, I have prayed that prayer every morning and I honestly did not have much success in noticing...until this morning, I prayed again, went about getting ready for the day, and in the shower, it came flooding to me, so much I had to keep up with my mind...here are some things that came to me...

I noticed God:
this morning when the sun was shining, I was reminded that there will be a day when the light from God will never stop shining, I felt the future come into my present...

working in my son's first grade class, I noticed God prompted me to pray for each child as I helped them one by one do an art project, I prayed specific things for each of them...

we had dinner with a man this week, who probably would not consider himself a person of faith, as he relayed a story to us, he began to cry, I knew I was sitting with God in that moment, that God was somehow, in some mysterious way, touching this man with His love...

On Sunday I ran into a man in our facility's parking lot that asked me for money, I said no...I didn't have any money on me, and truthfully, I was irritated...

I found out that he had been in the building asking for money, and someone took him over to a box we throw change into for the poor, there was about $6.00 in change, she gave it to the man...that's Kingdom to me, Matthew 25...

Yesterday a.m. I was with a group of women who commit 2 hours a week to pray together for our faith community, a thin space, between heaven and earth happens...

I have been not so great with my husband lately, actually pretty #%@$& with him and he treats me with kindness, respect and trys to find out what's got me so uptight...so Jesus like I think...

There was more that came to me, I think it's cool that after a fews days of asking and paying some attention to trying to notice, it like kicked in and thoughts and images came like a flood...

Have you ever had that experience?

5 comments:

Sharon Richards said...

Yep......I can relate. I love the things you shared about noticing. I like that Rich can be like Jesus to you :) even in all of your $@%&.....

Kat said...

I totally relate. During the week I am so busy with poopy diapers and babies I see glimpses of His beauty when the monster two-year old is grabbing for my hand to feel safe and I remember that my Daddy protects me the same way.

Or when the baby is just drifting off to sleep, nestled against my chest, so warm and cozy, I can feel Him holding both of us...

Kingdom things, being aware of His presence, seeing Him active is so hard to see especially in our go-go-go world.

I hope that your community will being to see more God in action places in their lives.

Jim said...

Pastor

You are a good writer

Why aren't you sending me stuff like this for my Idealab

The Art of Noticing

Lets create an article out of this

job opportunitya said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
I will give you access to jump to my plastic surgery cost blog.

Ut Utah House Cleaning said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
Please consider looking at my hi hawaii house cleaning blog.